We greet all our partners in the precious name of Jesus and pray for a blessed and God glorifying 2010. Below is the ministry update for the second half of 2009.
Between August and October 2009 the number of centres increased to five and the number of children on our register to whom we minister rose to over 450. By the end of the year we also had 20 workers/volunteers.
We continued with our various programes in the centres that affect the children’s body, soul and spirit ie giving meals, helping them academically and undertaking daily biblical teachings. We also took the children on various outings in order to broaden their horizon and help motivate them to aspire beyond their usual surroundings.
Also in the second half of 2009 we continued giving out clothes and shoes donated by several people from the UK. The clothes and shoes were such a great gift for the children as most were as good as new and number were designer wears such as, D&G, Puma, Nike, etc.
The most exciting part of the year was the opportunity to visit the children in their homes as it helped us to connect more with them and also provided an opportunity to minister to them and their parents/ guardians in a more personal way. Each visit yielded several souls to the Kingdom.
There are numerous testimonies that come in weekly from the various centres. One that stands out for us is that which the children were being taught about prayer and to demonstrate the teachings, the leader at the centre encouraged the children to pray for the sick among them so that their knowledge would be experiential.
That week there were irrefutable and definite healings among the children prayed for by other children and this really lifted their faith as well as ours. The atmosphere after this was just great.
The awesome thing about this event was that the young man who leads the centre in question later visited his friend who lives next door to a beer – drinking joint and was giving the testimony of the healings at the centre as a result of the children’s prayer. While he was giving the testimony in his friend’s room one of the drinkers next door heard the testimonies and came knocking the door saying he heard the testimonies and he wants know that God. He acknowledged he had been drinking alcohol but he wanted to serve that God who is doing such great things even among the children. He knelt down and gave his life to Jesus and he has been in Church since. (We assigned someone to walk with him and help to disciple him.)
The fact that the fragrance of events at our Centres can bring people to God is greatly encouraging to us.
In December we had Christmas parties in four of the Centres for over 400 children. They were fed bountifully and given party bags with various gifts and bibles for the children who were not given previously. The year was ended on a high to the glory of God.
The following are some of the other developments during this same period
- In August 2009 a dear brother, Jimi Bolusire asked the guests at his 40th birthday party to donate generously to two of his chosen charities, with one being House of Wells. A total amount of 650 GBP was raised for House of Wells. It was a very kind gesture for which we want to express our gratitude to Jimi and his generous guests.
- In September the Greatness Choir of Glory House London organised a very successful Fundraising event for the House of Wells which yielded about 2000 GBP. The big-hearted support of everyone involved is greatly appreciated. We pray that God will bless you all.
- Also in September Kemi was interviewed on a TV station in the UK – (Genesis) about the activities of House of Wells and the astounding ways God has helped us so far. There was such an encouraging response from a wide ranging number of people. Our gratitude goes to Genesis TV.
PLANS FOR EARLY 2010
In the early months of the year we plan to kick off three more centres, in addition to this, we also aim to provide children with school uniforms, shoes, stationery and school bags.
Furthermore, it is our intention to employ certain number of our volunteers on a more permanent basis to ensure stability, continuity and stem the loss of manpower.
We earnestly beg for your prayers as we press towards the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Please pray that …..
- The Lord of the harvest would send more labourers into His harvest.
- The father would grant us divine insights and strategies for expansion into other cities and countries
- God would supply all the ministry needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- The favour of God will surround House of Wells as a shield.
- The children that the House of Wells minister to will, by the power of the Holy Spirit, become agents of transformation in the homes, communities and countries all over the continent of Africa.
- There will be availability and provision for land and buildings for the use of the House of Wells everywhere we are led to minister.
- The protection of God for all the leaders and workers on the frontline including our families.
On this note we would once again want to say a heartfelt “thank you” to all our partners and supporters for their immense contributions. May the Lord continue to reward you abundantly.
Richard and Kemi Oyin-Adeniji
HOUSE OF WELL (SOUTH AFRICA)